Not much of a blogpost, and most of these changes you’ve most likely already experienced first hand inside the game, as I have been working on the version 0.32 for the last week or so 😉 Anyways, better late than never, here are the patch notes and changes and upgrades for Bump n Drop version 0.32 🙂
- Sound added when ball drops out of the playing field.
- Sound added when level is cleared.
- First hostile/Semi-Hostile object added.. The Claw! Which actually looks more like a LEGO hand at the moment 😉
- Extra Life awarded when the ball hits the Free-Ball Bat at the bottom, and the player receives a free re-throw, rather than bouncing the ball again.
- Particle effect added to the Prismatics (Ooooh Shiny!!!)
- Particle effect added to the player/ball, it is now golden and looks fairy-dust…ish with a shimmering trail following the ball 😉
- Updated the appearance of the Super Bouncer, they are now shaded and look more spherical.
- Zoomer Bouncers have had their colour changed to orange (they are the ones that move horizontally) and add +500 points when hit.
- Floating Score text has been added. Whenever you score points on bouncing into objects, the game will display a floating score text that fades away after 1 second.
- Pause Button added to the game, it is currently assigned to the ‘P’ key.
- Sometimes when the Zoomer Bouncer gets hit by the ball when it is close to an object, it will expand and get stuck in the object. Leaving it unable to move until the object is removed.
If the ball gets stuck while bouncing on a Super Bouncer, it can sometimes get thrown out or inwards in relation to the playfield, effectively launching it outside the playing area, thus causing a lost life.