yay, new blogpost and it hasnt even been a full year yet?! Holy crap, something fishy is afoot! … err… jokes aside, I’ve just been feeling very productive lately, and here is the picture to show it 🙂
Twitch Defense has really changed a lot visually in the past few days… I decided to go for a sort of modern graphics meets retro style… not really sure how to describe it… I made the sprites in a regular Pixel art style, 16 by 16 pixels, and then applied a few layer styles in photoshop to give it that sort of glowy look to it.
All in all i think it suits the game quite well, let me know what you think ? and give the game a go as well! Wont be long before I can start adding more varied enemies and a couple of new powerups 🙂
yep! Twitch Defense has an upgrade button at last 🙂
currently you can access the upgrade system after you’ve played through the game (aka died… as there is currently no win criteria.. but i am considering making it so that you can select between Infinite Mode and 60 Second mode. But ill see about that 🙂
remember, its still an early work in progress, but im working on it on a daily basis… when rl doesnt butt in 😛
to those curious, it was made with StencylWorks, a pretty easy to use, yet advanced flash game creation program 🙂
please post comments and let me know what you think about Twitch Defense in its current form… and also, I am very much interested in hearing what ideas on game design you might have 🙂
yeah… what the title says 😉
I want to try embedding a flash game in the blog.
but darnit… iframe tags dont seem to work for me… ah well 😛 leaving the blog post up anyways 🙂 Enjoy!
added a bunch of new graphics and sound effects to Twitch Defense… tweaked the values on the Bonus Object, and i am currently working on adding in an upgrade system that allows you to remove and add bonuses to your player…
for example: removing some of the negatives from shooting bonus objects…
increasing the combo value when bumping into bonus objects
more bullets (currently 1 is the max)
more health in the form of a shield that can take 1 or more hits, depending on upgrade level.
check it out at http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/6462 and remember, its still a work in progress demo 🙂
A teaser wallpaper for an upcoming game that a friend and I are working on.
Its basically a tower defense game, but with a twist… oh… and its an idle game, which means you can play it… while not playing it! 😉
introducing Noodles the Ninja Panda… Beware! He rarely comes alone… He is backed up by an army of ninja pandas, sure to bring on pandamonium for those who stand in his way! 😉
It has been quite a journey, these past 3 months…
Bump n Drop has grown from being a very very small and non-functional tech demo into a fully fledged game that now has a tutorial! 😉
I am of course still working hard on the game, but I’ve finally reached a point where the game is presentable to the casual gamer and there are now players out there who are competing against each others scores on a daily basis! 🙂
If you havent played the game in a few weeks, then wait no further and get your behind on over to http://tastygraph.com and start playing! 😉
As the subject might lead you to think… Its good times for Bump n Drop! 😉 Yep, today the 10th level was added… wewt wewt! 😉
More levels will be added in the near future… so as always, stay tuned and please dont hesitate to post a comment and let me know what you think 🙂
Oh! And please pop onto my new domain at Tastygraph.com and Share my game with your friends on Facebook and press the LIKE button as well, it would mean A LOT to me! Thanks in advance! ;D
Yep! It took a while to get implemented, but finally, with a bit of help from a tutorial on serverside highscores and alot of help from a couple of friends as well as the admin who is in charge of hosting my game… Yay, its finally up and working 🙂
Also did a bunch of updates on maps and finetuned a few mechanics on the game.
So knock yourselves out, play the game and set a few records and put your name on the highscore list for all to see! ;D
Today my game, Bump n Drop, was accepted by http://www.wooglie.com and now shows in the ‘In Development’ category on their website.
Hopefully this will allow me to reach a wider audience and get some much needed feedback as well 🙂
go here to play the game at Wooglie and support me by voting a + in the top right corner 🙂
also, check out the latest version 😉
I’ve added a brand spanking new combo system that rewards you for bumping into things rapidly in a short amount of time 🙂
and completely overhauled the graphics on some of the orbs, making them use shader 2.0 (geforceFX 7 cards and newer… so roughly, anything that is newer than 5 years old) and i think they look very smexy now 😉
and brand new sound effects have been added too… I bought a sound pack over at http://www.thegamecreators.com/ let me know what you think of the new updated sound effects, good or bad ? 🙂
Screenshot of the new graphics follows shortly! But i am impatient, so for now… just go play it and see for yourself!! 🙂
Yep, its more of that stuff 😛
I cannot praise iTween enough for its ease of use 🙂 In this update (version 0.31) I used it alot, I think some might say I used it TOO MUCH… but hey, its a fun toy, and yeah, i did overuse it a bit 😉
version 0.31 changes and bug-fixes:
- Added a whole new level, just for the heck of it, I squeezed it in between level 3 and 4… 😉
- Redid the code for the death/vanish sequence for the orbs. They now fade away and make a popping sound immediately upon collision with the ball. It gives a faster gameplay, I feel. (thanks iTween)
- The breakable orbs fade into view when the level starts, and will bounce outwards whenever they are hit by the ball. (thanks again iTween)
- Yellow Super Bouncers now give points (100 points for stationary, 200 points for moving ones). Also, when you hit a bouncer, it reacts by bouncing outwards and flashing in a white colour. (yeah, you guessed it… thanks iTween :p Seriously, this thing makes it so easy to do dynamic snazzy looking effects… )
- Added Sounds to the Super Bouncers and tweaked it a little bit as well. (these are temporary sounds and will of course be changed for the final release 😉 )
- Fixed a nasty bug that occured if you had only 1 life left when you hit the last Prismatic Orb (This would result in a game over, since your lives hit zero when the ball died… iTween didnt fix it though… I DID… but its gone now 😉 )
- Added persistant Score. You now carry your points over from level to level. It resets whenever you start a new game.
- High Score list… or… also known as: Highest Score list… since it only records 1 score.. yeah you guessed it… the highest score 😉 It will be expanded into a proper highscore list eventually though… 🙂
- Added a couple more names to the Credits list… If you want your name to be there, then play the game, find some bugs and stuff , and then message me and ill put your name on the list as a little Thank You for your much needed help 🙂
Until next time! Have fun all!